Notice of Inviting Bids
Notice is hereby given that the Management Committee of the Iroquois County Board will receive bids for cash rental of its farmland for a three (3) year period as follows:
- Description: 397.47 tillable acres, which includes those parcels of land commonly referred to as the “Clifton Farm”, the “County Farm” and eight (8) acres adjacent to the Clifford Bury Administrative Center, excluding the Iroquois County Highway Department grounds. A more precise legal description of the tract will accompany the proposed lease form available from Breein Suver, Iroquois County Clerk.
- Equal Opportunity in Employment Requirement: Bidders are advised that this contract will be subject to the provisions of the Iroquois County Affirmative Action program which bans discrimination in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or political beliefs or affiliation. A copy of the Iroquois County Affirmative Action Program is on file for inspection in the office of the Iroquois County Clerk at the Clifford Bury Administrative Center, Watseka, Illinois.
- Proof of Insurance Coverage: All bidders shall provide a certificate of liability insurance with their bid.
- Terms: The successful bidder(s) must execute a three-year written cash rent lease on terms set by the Iroquois County Board. A copy of the proposed lease terms is available at the Office of Breein Suver, Iroquois County Clerk.
- Form and delivery of proposal: All bids must be submitted to Breein Suver, Iroquois County Clerk, at her office at the Clifford Bury Administrative Center, Watseka, Illinois.
Bids shall be made in the following manner or form:
- The bidder(s) shall complete a “Cash Farm Lease” in the form for the desired tract available in the Office of the Iroquois County Clerk, Breein Suver, filling in amounts for “annual rent” and “total cash rent” under “Section 1: Amount of Rent”, his or her name in the first paragraph on page 1, the date, and signing the lease on the line(s) marked: “Lessee” in “Section 7”.
All bids must be enclosed in a sealed envelope; clearly marked as a “Bid for Cash Rent” of the tract bid upon. All bids must be received in The County Clerk’s Office No Later Than 4:00 P.M. on Friday, July 30, 2021.
- Right to Raise Bids: All bids will be opened at the Management Committee Meeting at 9:00 A.M. on Monday, August 2, 2021. After the bids are opened, those bidders who are personally present and have submitted a written bid prior to the deadline will have the right to raise their bid. The successful bidder shall execute two (2) original duplicates of the “Cash Farm Lease” immediately upon acceptance of his bid by Iroquois County.
- Successful bidder shall provide full payment each year of the contract by end of business day on March 1st. Successful bidder must provide a letter of credit from their financial institution at the close of bidding. If successful bidder does not follow requirements, the County reserves the right to re-bid the contract or offer the contract to the next highest bidder at their bid.
- Reservation of Rights to Accept or Reject Bids: Iroquois County reserves the right to reject any or all bids received, to waive any information in the bidding, and to award this contract to other than high bidder.
LYLE BEHRENDS, Chairman of the
Management Services Committee